“I respect women a lot": Harry Styles opens up about his love life


We've got a present for you. A lovely, shiny present, in the shape of five teenage boys talking about their relationship history.
Harry Styles took the time to reveal that he finds ambition really attractive in a girl: "if someone’s good at something they love doing..." he mused, in the interview with Cosmopolitan. "I want somone who is driven.”
"The way it’s portrayed is that I only see women in a sexual way."
“But I grew up with just my mum and sister, so I respect women a lot."
And Louis is determined to come across well in the interview too, talking candidly about his relationship with Eleanor Calder.
“We trust each other – I spend a lot of time out of the country on tour. But she often flies out."
“I think the key to a good relationship is being best friends. I spend more time with her and the band than I do with anyone else. She’s really great.”
"She studies politics and when she talks about that, I find it really attractive."
“It’s important for both of you to have independence. If she didn’t and wasn’t striving for a good career, it’d be weird.”
We're just taking a quick moment to high five the boys with one hand, and flick through a guide to politics with the other.
In other news, Zayn wants everybody to know that he and Perrie are pretty solid too.
"I’m a big believer in the motto: ‘Behind every great man there’s a great woman.’ And she’s great," he says.
“I’m a couch potato. I love to stay in and just watch a DVD with the missus. Or we all go over to Louis’s house and watch The X Factor.”
We're going to ignore the fact that he just said "missus".
The boys have been having a slightly-less-than-fun time of it recently - not only have they reportedly been dealing with some difficult paparazzi recently, but Louis has been a bit unwell, Niall's been suffering from jetlag, and Liam is grabbling with the realisation that he wants to be a wizard.         
Which we know, after stalking their Twitter accounts for all of ten seconds.
"Watched Harry Potter yesterday and decided I want to be him," Liam posted.
Which is convenient, because we always wanted to be Ginny.
Moving away from JK Rowling references for a moment, the boys, who were named Men Of The Year at Cosmopolitan's Awards the other week (we'd debate the titular "men", but now is probably not the time, nor the place) have been awarded an even bigger prize: A position on the magazine's cover.
It's a pretty big deal - Cosmo normally just puts girls on the front, but they must have decided that since this lot use more hair products than most of the UK's female population, they've earned their time in the newsagent spotlight.